Recycling & Garbage
PLEASE NOTE — THE TOWN OF EATON RECYCLING CENTER IS FOR RESIDENTS OF EATON ONLY.
Town of Eaton Recycling Center
21333 Hwy C — 4/10 mile west of Lax Chapel Rd
Collection Site Hours
Summer - April through December
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Winter - January, February & March
1st, 3rd & 5th Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
In case of extreme weather conditions listen to WCUB or WOMT radio for possible cancellations.
Individuals will purchase stickers from the town at the recycling center. Stickers are $1.00 each and are to be placed on owner's own bag. These sticker purchases are for all non-recycling items. These bags are then to be deposited into the dumpster at the center. There are attendants at the center that will help you decide where to put your items. Please ask for help.
The following items are accepted in the dumpster:
- Small chairs - $3.00
- Large recliners, sofa & sofa sleepers - $6.00
- 15 Gal #2 containers - $.50 each
- Small amounts of demolition rubble - wood, boards, etc. There is a charge of $50.00 per pick-up truck load.
- No large amounts of demolition rubble will be accepted.
Individuals must contract with a hauler to rent a dumpster.
Ashes must be in bags or cardboard boxes. There is a charge of $1.00 per box/bag.
ABSOLUTELY NO ASPHALT ROOFING MATERIAL WILL BE ACCEPTED
The following items are banned from landfills and will not be accepted at the recycling center:
1. Lead Acid Batteries
3. Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, LP Tanks, Freezers, Dehumidifiers, Microwaves, Computers, Monitors, and TVs
4. Hazardous Wastes
5. Yard waste, grass clippings, garden greens or brush
6. Oil Filters & empty oil containers
The following items will be accepted at the Center for recycling and composting:
1, Magazines, Newsprint & Office Paper - must be bundled and tied with twine. Do not put them in plastic bags or cardboard boxes.
2. Corrugated Paper & Other Container Board - must be bundled and tied with twine. Do not put them in plastic bags or cardboard boxes. These will not be accepted if the rules are not followed.
3. Aluminum Containers
4. Steel and Bimetal Cans - rinse and crush
5. Waste Oil – ONLY
6. Glass – Clear, Green & Brown Bottles & Jars - must be separated and have neck rings and caps removed. The following items should be put in Town of Eaton bags; window panes, bulbs, mirrors, Pyrex ovenware, ceramic dishes and cups, drinking glasses & flower pots.
7. Plastic Containers #1 and #2 - examples - soda, milk, water, juice, liquor, shampoo, detergent #2 containers with a neck larger than container are not acceptable.
8. Food and beverage cartons (clean) made from paper fibers, plastic and aluminum - examples - wine, milk, soy milk, juice, cream, soup, broth and egg substitutes - can be in with plastic bottles. Cartons need to be emptied, clean, and flattened.
9. Iron - good, clean iron only - can't have plastic, glass, wood rubber or any other foreign material attached
10. Major Appliances - stoves, water heaters, washers)
WHEN UNAPPROVED WASTE IS FOUND: The Landfill Center shall reject the waste. A licensed solid waste hauler must be utilized to remove the unapproved waste from the landfill, either returning it to a generator or disposing of it at an approved facility. THIS COULD PROVE TO BE VERY COSTLY!
Additional recycling available to Manitowoc County residents. Please contact for details.
Manitowoc County Hwy Shop
3500 Hwy 310
Manitowoc, WI 54220
920-683-4333 or recycling.manitowoccountywi.gov or http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/recycling